Health Fairs are a great way to attract new potential patients to your practice.
- Check local Chambers of Commerce
- Check with cities
- Check with schools
- Check with large employers
- Google city + health fair, city + expo
Before the event
- Promote on social media that you’ll be attending.
- Confirm date, time, setup time, tear down time
- Confirm table size, location, electricity, chairs, trash cans
- Determine if you are offering screenings. BP is easy and almost free. Glucose is inexpensive. Here is a list of ideas to engage participants through screenings.
- Work with Site Manager to arrange staffing
- Order/gather any supplies you may need
- Gloves, lancets, bandaids, alcohol preps, glucometers, glucose strips
- Gather table cloth, pens, screening forms, sharps container, blood pressure cuff, candy, clipboards
- Mock setup (the first time). Pick up any additional items you need.
- Figure out a prize for drawing…basket…$10 or under gift card
- Create/print signage
- Create/print drawing slips
- Day Before
- Remind providers/staff
- Confirm with venue
Day of event
- Arrive early…set up everything.
- Wear scrubs or polo with logo. Wear a name badge clearly representing your organization.
- Greet participants and encourage them to engage with practice. Tell them about the doctors (introduce if there), offer screenings, help them enter the drawing.
- Take pictures. Get lots of staff. It’s best to not get patient faces (so you can avoid photo releases). Be sure to ask before you take anyone’s picture.
- Visit with other vendors. Talk to them about your practice and what you do. Encourage the docs to do this, as well. Divide and conquer. Don’t all go together.
- If the table isn’t busy, go out and try to draw participants in.
After the event
- Tear down and take note of anything that needs to be re-stocked.
- Drop linens at the dry cleaner
- Notify winners and mail gift card or have them come to the corresponding office to pick up the basket
- Put all of the contact information you collected into your system for future outreach
- Post pictures on social. Be sure to tag the venue, sponsors, whoever you worked with.
- Drop a thank you note to the person you arranged it through and find out when their next event is taking place.