When you can’t do the tried and true provider visits, utilize virtual methods to reach potential referral sources and patients for a bariatric practice.
Reaching potential referral sources
- Emails, phone calls, letters, or virtual visits to Internists, Family Practitioners, and Pediatricians if the practice treats children
- Emails, phone calls, letters or virtual to ObGyns, Endocrinologists, Orthopedics, and Cardiology and any other specialties that might refer to Bariatric Surgeon
- Letter from a provider in the practice with best name recognition to all current and past referring offices along with practice brochure. Think about what they want to hear about. Make it easy for them.
- Letters, emails, or faxes to referral coordinators and office managers with information about what makes your practice unique and how you can help their patients. Make it easy for them. Include a list of insurance and let them know you’ll get their patients in quickly.
Direct to consumer
- Calls to patients that scheduled, but did not complete consultation. Try to get them on the schedule for a consultation – virtual or in person. Weight loss patients might feel more inspired to proceed if they have a personal invitation from a kind staff person who is compassionate and encouraging.
- Try RealSelf.com. It’s not expensive and is a potential way to expand your reach. To get the most leads, someone needs to publicly answer questions. This can be time-consuming, but good for building a positive reputation and converting leads.
- Print can still be an effective way to reach prospective patients. Look to hyper-local publications near your office. Work with them to create educational material over pure ads. Recipes, nutrition, and exercise tips work well.
- Add terms into your SEO strategy that people search for. For terms that you do utilize, build a blog post around them.
- Diet pills
- Weight loss pills
- Fast weight loss
- Easy weight loss
- Ideal protein
- Intermittent Fasting
No time to do these on your own? Or, need someone to teach your team how to do them? We can help with all of your bariatric marketing!